DIY Mason Jar Bird Feeder
Every fall our family goes to the North Georgia mountains for all of the apple fun at the Ellijay Apple Festival. Typically, we rent a cabin and spend the entire weekend together. Because Jessie, our brother, and I don’t live at home now, we love getting to spend this time as a family. Of course, we don’t get to all stay in the same house often anymore, so this has become very special for all of us. That said, not only do we find awesome crafts at the festival, but we also try to make our own! So, this year we made a DIY mason jar bird feeder.
Jessie and I have a five year old nephew. Therefore, we always try to find projects and games that he will enjoy with us! This DIY mason jar bird feeder was a hit with him. While Jessie and I think these feeders look adorable, we also loved that the simplicity of it allowed him to participate too. No need for crafty experts to create this beautiful bird feeder! After we came home, I hung mine on my porch, and the birds can’t stop coming!
- Mason Jar
- Dowel Rod (longer than jar)
- Gorilla Glue
- Thick Ribbon
- Scissors or Hole Punch
- Binder Ring
- Bird Seed
- First, use the glue to attach the dowel rod to the side of the jar. Make sure that the rod extends far enough to allow birds room to perch.
- Next, cut a piece of ribbon to your desired length, and tie a knot at the top of it.
- Now, hook the binder ring through the knot for hanging.
- Finally, add some bird seed, and find the perfect spot to hang your new DIY mason jar bird feeder!
Looking for another DIY project? Check out our post about DIY screen print t-shirts!
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links that give us a small monetary percentage if you make a purchase through them. Regardless, we do not advertise any products we do not love. We are not influenced by these links, and you can buy through them with no additional cost to you. These links help us maintain the growth of our blog. Thanks for all your support!