The Best Ever Vegan Biscuits Recipe
A couple weeks ago, we posted a photo on our Instagram account of these delicious vegan biscuits. Of course, I should have known that you all would also want the recipe! These biscuits became a Sunday morning routine for me a few years ago. That said, I can practically make them with my eyes closed, now. A bowl of grits, these vegan biscuits, and some hot sauce make for the perfect weekend comfort breakfast I know how to make. Furthermore, if you bake often enough, you most likely have all of the ingredients on hand.
My favorite thing about this recipe is how forgiving it is. Honestly, Jessie is the baker between the two of us. Typically, when I want to repeat one of her delicious dessert recipes, it quickly becomes a mediocre disaster. Regardless, I’ve used gluten free flour, inconsistent amounts of almond milk, and different amounts of butter for these biscuits. They still always deliver. Originally, I found the recipe here. I hope you all enjoy this delicious breakfast treat!
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (Any brand works!)
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar (You can also use lemon juice here!)
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Butter (Make sure the butter is cold!)
- First, preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Then, mix together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. This makes vegan “buttermilk.” While you mix the rest of the ingredients, set this aside for a few minutes.
- Next, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Then, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles the texture of sand. To do this, you can use a pastry cutter, fork, or your hands!
- Now, pour the almond milk into the flour mixture. You may not need all of it! Use a fork to mix until all of the flour is combined. It will be sticky.
- Next, use your hands to lightly knead the dough. I usually add a little flour to keep it from sticking and fold it over about 4-5 times. Try not to handle the dough too much.
- Using your hands, separate the dough into about 7 biscuits. If you prefer pretty biscuits, you can also use a biscuit cutter to make them more uniform. Press your thumb into each biscuit, and knife a small amount of vegan butter onto each of the uncooked biscuits.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Finally, enjoy the flaky goodness!!
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links that give us a small monetary percentage if you make a purchase through them. Regardless, we do not advertise any products we do not love. We are not influenced by these links, and you can buy through them with no additional cost to you. These links help us maintain the growth of our blog. Thanks for all your support!