Vegan Tex-Mex Quinoa Tacos Recipe
Two years ago our grandfather offered Jessie and me the opportunity to experiment with his 12 raised garden beds. Since then, Jessie and I have loved cooking with ingredients we grew ourselves. Over the past two years, I have found so much satisfaction in growing my own vegetables. Not only do I enjoy spending time outside, but the garden has become such a fun activity for Jessie and me to do together. Trust me, we have put a lot of hard work into our little garden, but it has been so worth it for all the delicious meals we’ve created!
In this vegan tex-mex quinoa taco recipe, we used jalapeños, tomatoes, and red peppers from our garden. This recipe has quickly become one of my favorites. Not only is it easy to make, but it keeps well in the fridge, and I always have plenty of leftovers. Originally, I found this recipe here. Regardless, I have made a few edits to the original after cooking it a few times. I hope you enjoy!
2 Cloves of Garlic
Tablespoon of Olive Oil
Cup of Veggie Broth
Cup of Tri-Color Quinoa
Tsp of Chili Powder
1/2 Tsp of Cumin
2 Tomatoes, Diced
1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
Can of Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
2 Ripe Avocados
- First, chop all of your produce: jalapeño, garlic, tomatoes, and bell pepper.
- Don’t forget to compost your veggie scraps! 🙂
- Now, sauté the diced jalapeño and garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan until fragrant.
- Next, pour quinoa, veggie broth, cumin, and chili powder into the pan and stir.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, and bell pepper. Stir well, and bring to a boil. Cover pan and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes without stirring.
- When quinoa is tender, add a squeeze of lime juice.
- Enjoy! You can eat this Vegan Tex-Mex Quinoa as a salad topped with diced avocado or in soft tacos!
You may also enjoy our Best Ever Vegan Zucchini Bread recipe, a great dessert to follow these tasty tacos!
I cannot recommend enough the All-Clad brand of pots and pans. We use this All-Clad Stainless Steel Saute Pan in our kitchen. If you are in the market for new cookware, look no further!
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links that give us a small monetary percentage if you make a purchase through them. Regardless, we do not advertise any products we do not love. We are not influenced by these links, and you can buy through them with no additional cost to you. These links help us maintain the growth of our blog. Thanks for all your support!